It is expected that by 2050 the global proportion of people living in cities will rise to about 70%. Rapid urbanisation poses big challenges - many cities do not have a strategy to cope with this high growth. Cities round the world are facing similar challenges. There are recognised barriers to the implementation of changes and technology - knowledge sharing can help to overcome some of these barriers and is key to implementing a sustainability strategy effectively.
The CEIP runs briefing programmes for delegates from Commonwealth cities to develop relevant knowhow and share experience. This may also facilitate innovative procurement, commercial planning and finance.
- Sustainable development and construction
- How urban structure can affect sustainability from an air quality perspective
- Transport and land use planning
- Sustainable waste and water management in urban areas
- Solar energy
- Tidal energy
Visits to local implementation sites will be arranged.
- Leading international energy and environmental consultants
- Experts working in local government
- Legal experts working with procurement, contracts, finance and technologies
- Briefing programme will be tailored and priced to exact requirements
- Visits will have a planned itinerary of at least 3 days
- Assistance can be given with visa applications if required (included in overall price)