Terms and Conditions
Each proposal member is required to sign up to these terms with their local CEIP hub. The terms and conditions set out below are for information only.
If you would like further explanation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CEIP seeks to facilitate the raising of finance for entrepreneurs seeking to develop new technologies or grow businesses operating in the environmental or renewable energy sectors.
- CEIP hubs are members of CEIP and provide the Services on the basis of this Agreement. The Proposal Member agrees to the terms of this Agreement with their local CEIP hub.
- Neither CEIP nor any CEIP hub promote or provide advice on or sell any specific investments and all parties are strongly recommended to seek independent financial and legal advice in relation to any investments.
- Where a successful investment is made, CEIP hubs will charge the Success Fee in accordance with this Agreement.
||means these terms and conditions set out herein;
||means the date on which an agreement is entered into or an arrangement is made for the provision of Funding to the Proposal Member as a direct or indirect result of the Services. In some cases there may be multiple completion dates where an Investor invests more than once, or where there is more than one investment of Funding by different parties;
||means the rates set out in clauses 5.4 to 5.6 of these terms;
||shall include any financial investment, including but not limited to, cash payments for debt or equity, share capital, commercial loans, guarantees, forgiveness of debt, asset finance, deferred payments, grants, benefit in kind, or any contribution of funds, capital or monies of any kind whatsoever;
||means the proposal for funding submitted by a Proposal Member and posted on CEIP’s website www.theceip.com;
||means all copyright, trademark or patent rights, registered and unregistered design rights, service marks and all other intellectual or industrial property rights howsoever caused;
||includes any individual or group of investors, syndicates, venture capital funds, enterprise funds, banks, grant providers, business angels or any person who provides Funding;
||means any registered member of a CEIP hub who has submitted a Funding Proposal;
||means services provided by employees, officers or representatives of a CEIP hub to introduce Proposal Members to Investors (or vice versa) that result (directly or indirectly) in the Proposal Member raising or receiving Funding for or related to its Funding Proposal. This includes, but is not limited to, Funding raised through introductions made by employees, officer or representatives of CEIP hubs on behalf of a Proposal Member (directly or indirectly);
Funding resulting, either directly or indirectly, from any CEIP hub event or the distribution of the Funding Proposal as well as any other form of introduction or communication, whether oral or in written form, that their CEIP hub may make in the future. The Services also covers repeat investments of Funding by the same Investor where the Funding is made within a 36 month period of the first Funding made through a CEIP hub; and
||means the fee payable by the Proposal Members to their CEIP hub as set out in clause 5.5 (Success Fee) for performing the Services.
- 3.1. The Proposal Member agrees to:
- 3.1.1. inform their CEIP hub in writing of any material changes to circumstances of the Proposal Member or the Funding Proposal which may affect its eligibility to obtain Funding or impact on the Services to be carried out by the CEIP hub as soon as reasonably practicable;
- 3.1.2. pay the Success Fee to their CEIP hub in accordance with clause 5 of this Agreement; and
- 3.1.3. notify their CEIP hub within 5 working days about all contacts with Investors whether introduced by representatives of the CEIP hub or otherwise and any Funding being obtained or received from Investors whether introduced by representatives of the CEIP hub or otherwise.
- 3.2. The Proposal Member warrants that:
- 3.2.1. to the best of its knowledge, the information supplied in its Funding Proposal is true, accurate and not misleading and fairly and accurately represents the business proposition for which it is seeking Funding; and
- 3.2.2. the information provided in the Funding Proposal does not infringe the Intellectual Property rights of any third party.
- 3.3 The Proposal Member shall be responsible for ensuring that any confidential information disclosed to a third party as a result of their CEIP hub performing the Service is the subject of a separate confidentiality undertaking between the Proposal Member and that third party.
- CEIP’S OBLIGATIONS
- 4.1 CEIP Hubs will provide the Proposal Member with the Services. However performance of the Service does not guarantee that a CEIP Hub will be successful in securing Funding and nothing in this Agreement guarantees successful Funding or should be deemed to imply that success of any nature or to any extent is guaranteed.
- 5.1 In consideration of performing the Services, CEIP hubs shall charge and the Proposal Member shall pay the Success Fee on the value of any Funding secured by the Proposal Member, as set out in clause 5.5.
- 5.2 The Proposal Member shall pay their CEIP hub the Success Fee within 14 days of the Completion Date.
- 5.3 All fees charged by CEIP hubs for presentation training, business planning, advocacy services or any other ancillary services provided by the CEIP hub (at the rates from time to time applicable) shall be invoiced separately by the CEIP hub, normally on completion of such services but no less frequently than monthly, and shall become payable within 14 days of the date of the relevant invoice.
- Fees for uploading a proposal to CEIP website:
GBP (£) 125 plus relevant sales taxes
[currency converted and invoiced according to hub operator]
- 5.4 Should Funding be raised, directly or indirectly, through CEIP a Success Fee will be charged as follows:
These fee rates apply cumulatively. For example: if £8 million is raised then 5% shall apply to the first £5m and then 3% on the second £3m.
||Funding raised (£)
||£1,000,000 - £5,000,000
||£5,000,000 - £10,000,000
||£10,000,000 - £25,000,000
- 5.6 Fees for joining CEIP as a Proposal Member:
Plus relevant sales taxes [currency converted and invoiced according to hub operator]
||GBP (£) 25|
||GBP (£) 75|
||Corporate (1-9 employees)
||GBP (£) 75|
||Corporate (10-49 employees)
||GBP (£) 150|
||Corporate (50+ employees)
||GBP (£) 300|
- 6.1 The Proposal Member shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement at any time upon 28 days prior written notice but any fees paid for the Services shall be non-refundable and the Proposal Member shall be liable for any unpaid fees relating to presentation training, business planning, advocacy services or any other ancillary services provided by a CEIP hub that are due and owing (whether or not invoiced).
- 6.2 If within 12 months of the termination of this Agreement the Proposal Member obtains or receives Funding from Investors introduced directly or indirectly by a CEIP hub (or in respect of which a CEIP hub can reasonably be said to be the effective cause), then the Success Fee will become due and payable to the CEIP hub on the Completion Date for that Funding.
- 6.3 Without prejudice to any accrued rights or remedies, CEIP hubs may at any time terminate this Agreement upon 7 working days notice in writing.
- 6.4 CEIP hubs shall not be liable to the Proposal Member for any loss of profit or any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising and whether or not the CEIP hub had been made aware of the risk of such loss or damage being suffered, in relation to this Agreement. A CEIP hub’s maximum aggregate liability to the Proposal Member for all claims and liabilities arising in relation to this Agreement and/or the Services, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, shall be limited to the aggregate of fees paid by the Proposal Member. Nothing in this Agreement shall operate to limit a CEIP hub’s liability for death or injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
- 7.1 Neither a CEIP hub nor any of its employees, officers or representatives advise on the merits or risks of any investments or Funding Proposals and nor are they authorised to carry on investment business. No liability is, or will be, accepted by a CEIP hub for any loss or damage (of whatever nature) arising from the acceptance by a Proposal Member of Funding.
- 7.2 A CEIP hub accepts makes no warranty or guarantee in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, the accuracy, completeness, fairness or reliability of any documentation passed on to any third party by, or on behalf of, a Proposal Member. The third party must make its own independent verification of such matters.
- 7.3 CEIP hubs reserve the right to refuse to accept any Funding Proposal or other business proposal at its absolute discretion.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- 8.1 This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties in respect of the matters dealt within it and supersedes, cancels and nullifies any previous agreement between the parties in relation to such matters. This provision shall not apply in the event of fraud.
- 8.2 This Agreement and any disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with its subject matter are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement.
- 8.3 All notices to be given under the Agreement shall be in writing and shall either be delivered personally or sent by first class or pre-paid post to the parties registered address.
- 8.4 No term or provision of the Agreement shall be considered as waived by any party unless a waiver is given in writing by that party in a manner that expressly states that a waiver is intended and such waiver shall only be operative with regard to the specific circumstances referred to.
- 8.5 In the event that any part of the Agreement shall be or become or be declared void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason the parties hereby expressly agree that the remaining parts and provisions of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- 8.6 The Proposal Member shall not assign, novate or otherwise dispose of any of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any person without the prior written consent of their CEIP hub.